Buying a Construction Business
Construction businesses for sale in Queensland represent a tremendous opportunity for new business owners and owners looking to grow their established construction companies through the acquisition of a contracting business. Since the residential and commercial construction industries are long developed, they offer a plethora of businesses for sale in home improvement, general contracting, construction management, and other contractor business sectors.
Transworld Business Advisors has construction companies for sale that will fit the strategic goals of most business owners. Visiting our Buyer FAQs page is a good place to begin your journey of reviewing contractor businesses for sale and understanding the process of how to buy a business.
If you’re ready to Buy a Business now, schedule a consultation with a Business Broker or contact us at 07 5635 4405 today to learn more about your next steps.
What is the process of buying a contracting business?
Through our more than 40 years in business, Transworld Business Advisors has cultivated a fine-tuned process for entrepreneurs looking to buy a business. To learn more about the process, review our steps below.
1. Professionals ready to buy a commercial or residential construction company can search construction companies for sale and inquire with an expert business broker after identifying a business of interest.
2. To learn about the company, a business buyer will sign a non-disclosure agreement to receive access to an executive summary outlining the history of the construction company.
3. If there is continued interest, then the buyer will have a first meeting with the business broker.
4. The second meeting is with the seller present and may include a tour of the company.
5. If the buyer is interested in the Construction business for sale, they will submit an Expression Of Interest (EOI) that includes their offered purchase price.
6. If the seller accepts the buyer’s EOI, due diligence and the closing process will be set in motion as guided by the business broker.
7. To complete the transaction a Contract Of Sale is signed by the seller and buyer of the business and a period of training and transition will begin.
What are the benefits of buying a construction company?
Buying an established construction business gives the business owner access to immediate cash flow. It also allows you to predict the level of company earnings based on historical financial history as well as customers, contracts, and a supply chain which can be difficult to establish early on.
Why should you buy an established business?
Buying an established business allows an owner to bypass some of the risks included in starting a business. Start-up companies have a 50% failure rate within the first 5 years, but an established business already has a proven business model and benefits like employees and a reputation.
Learn more about buying a business by scheduling a consultation or contacting us.
Ready to Sell a Construction Company in Queensland?
When it comes to selling business Transworld Business Advisors are your expert business brokers. With our network and proven processes, we can help you Sell a Business.